Vacation Rental Policies
Nightly Rental Policies
Published rates are subject to change without notice and do not include 7.5% State Sales Tax, 5% Monroe County Tourist Tax. Higher rates apply for special events and holidays such as but not limited to Christmas, New Years, Yacht Race Week, Independence Day,
Labor Day, Fantasy Fest, Meeting of the Minds and Poker Run. A $30 reservation fee applies to all nightly reservations. Duval Square Condominium, Southern Wind & Atlantic Ocean View units also require a $50 registration fee. There is a $49 charge for damage
protection insurance in lieu of a $1500 security deposit.
The registered guest must be at least 25 years of age with proper identification to check-in to the unit. Individual making the reservation must be
25 years of age or older and must occupy the rental property the entire term of the reservation. If individual on reservation is under the age of 25 the individual and guests will not be allowed to check in and
no refund will be issued.
Payment for Reservation:
Online Reservations - All online reservations are paid in full via credit card at the time of booking.
Telephone Reservations - For all stays of 1-4 nights, the full amount of your stay will be charged to your credit card on file at the time of booking your reservation. For all stays of 5 nights or more, a non-refundable deposit is
taken via Credit Card in the amount of 10% of the enitre reservation or $225 (whichever is greater) at the time of reservation. The full remaining balance is then due in the form of a check or money order to be received within 7 calendar days of booking. If
your check is not received within the 7 days, your reservation will be cancelled and the deposit will be forfeited.
Special Payment arrangement options - In certain cases payment arrangements can be made as long as the deposit is recevied at the time of booking equal to 10% of the entire reservation or $225, whichever is greater. Many different
payment options are avaialble as long as the balance is paid 60 days prior to arrival. Please call the office if you need to make payment arrangements.
Please make your check payable and mail to:
Key West Vacation Rentals 1075 Duval Street, Suite C22 Key West, FL 33040
**Please include your reservation number in the Memo Line of your check.**
A $75 check fee will be charged if a check is returned to us by the bank for insufficient funds.
Types of Payment Accepted:
We accept Checks for all reservations,Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express for reservations of 4 days or less and for damage deposits. There are no refunds for early departure.
There is a $25.00 per night charge for each additional occupant.
Daily housekeeping is provided for all nightly rentals and includes exchanging towels left on the floor, making the bed and taking out the trash. On the third day of your stay, bed linens are changed. For additional housekeeping requested, there is a charge
of $18 per hour.
Hurricane refunds or rescheduling are not offered. If tenants are concerned about possible interruption or cancellation due to a impending storm, or hurricane warning, or mandatory evacuation, guests are advised to purchase trip cancellation and interruption
insurance. This insurance offers a comprehensive cancellation and interruptions policy which protects your vacation investment in the event of a cancellation due to a sudden emergency before or during your trip.
Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance:
Guests are provided information on trip cancellation and interruption insurance and provided basic rate information and instructions on how to purchase this insurance in order to protect their vacation rental investment. Guests are advised to purchase this
insurance if they are concerned about cancellation.
Our homes are all non-smoking. Smoking is allowed outside only and ashtrays are provided. Smoking inside will result in a minimum charge of $200.
- The rental agreement specifies the number of adults and children allowed to stay as guests in the unit. If a number greater than the agreed upon number or ages occurs, you will be asked to leave with no refund. Guests under the age of 25 must be accompanied
by a parent or guardian.
- The guest signing the rental agreement assumes all responsibility for the actions and behavior of all guests and agrees to follow the rules of the property posted therein.
- Our properties are in residential neighborhoods and are unsuitable for loud parties, events or entertaining groups. If behavior or noise results in a complaint or any violation set forth by the City of Key West laws and ordinances, or any other violation
of the rental agreement, a charge of $100 for the first complaint will be assessed and you will be asked to leave with no refund upon a second complaint.
- If keys are lost, there will be a replacement charge for each lost key.
- If personal property is left behind and it is necessary for the items to be returned, please call our office at 305-296-9292 or email us with your name, date of stay and unit you occupied. We will then email you the contact number for UPS so that you can
coordinate pick up of items left behind.
Courtesy vehicles are available for pick up and drop off to/from the Key West International airport and Ferry Terminal to our check in/out office and then to/from our units. Contact the office by email or phone for scheduling pick-ups or drop-offs.
Concierge and Special Services:
Our staff provides concierge services to meet all your needs. Contact the office for all excursion questions.
Please contact Key West Vacation Rentals regarding minimum stays and special rates. Minimum stay requirements apply on weekends, Winter/Spring season, holidays and special events.
EARLY CHECK-IN: Please do not count on an early check in. While we do our best to accommodate requests for early arrivals, please be advised
that an early check-in is at the discretion of our executive housekeeper, and is only possible if the rental property you are renting is prepared for arrival and approved in advance during the check-in call.
Properties must be vacated by 11:00 a.m. Please understand that we have numerous properties where guests are checking out and new guests are checking in on the same day. We need time to prepare the rental property you are vacating for the arrival of the
next guests. Housekeeping and maintenance professionals must have access to all properties from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm for cleaning and maintenance after check-out and prior to check-in.
Please do not expect or plan on a late check-out. A late check-out can be requested by calling the office phone. However, a late check-out is at the discretion of the executive housekeeper and maintenance staff, and is only possible if no new guests are scheduled
to arrive at the property on the day of your departure. A late check-out fee may apply.
If you are arriving after 6:00 p.m. please print and bring with you the e-mail confirmation letter with driving and late check-in instructions and come into the office the next morning to register, receive more keys, maps and Key West information.
Weekly and Monthly Rental
Published rates are subject to change without notice and do not include 7.5% State Sales Tax, 5% Monroe County Tourist Tax. A $65 reservation fee applies to all weekly/monthly reservations. There is a $200 (monthly) or $115 (weekly) cleaning fee applied to
Payment for Reservation:
We require payment in full for the entire stay (includes taxes, cleaning and reservation fee) within 7 days of booking by check or money order. If your deposit check is not received within 7 calendar days, your reservation will be cancelled.
Please mail and make your check payable to:
Key West Vacation Rentals 1075 Duval Street, Suite C19 Key West, FL 33040
** Please include your reservation number in the Memo Line of your check. **
There is a $200.00 (monthly) or $115 (weekly) cleaning fee applied to the rental.(some cleaning fees vary based on the individual home)
Receiving Mail: Do not have personal mail, UPS or FedEx packages sent to the property as most owners have a forwarding order in effect and your mail will be forwarded to them. You may have mail or packages sent to our office during your
stay with your name, 1075 Duval Street, Suite C22, Key West, FL, 33040 and we will call you when they arrive for pick-up.
There is a $200.00 (monthly) or $115 (weekly) cleaning fee applied to the rental.
Pets are welcome in most units. If you are planning on bringing Fido, please read over the lists of breeds that are NOT accepted below:
- Pit Bulls-Pit Bull Terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Bull Terriers, or Miniature Bull Terriers
- Crossbreeds with American Pit Bull Terriers. No Full Bred or Mixed
- Rottweiler-No Full or Mixed Akita-Including Japanese and Akita Inu.
- Bernese-Including Mountain Dog, Berner Sennenhund and Bernese Cattle Dog.
- Canary Dogs-Including Perro de Presa Canario
- Chow Chow
- German Shepherd
- Husky-Including American, Eskimo and Greenland (Siberian Okay) Karelian Bear Dog
- Rhodesian Ridgeback Russo-European Laika-Including Russian Laika and Karelian Bear Laika
- Wolf Hybrids
- Any Breed of Guard Dog trained to Attack
- The foregoing applies to both purebred and mixed breed dogs
It is our hope that you and Fido (we have had cats, rabbits, birds, marsupials and a monkey, too) have a wonderful time in Key West and we hope these rules will create a harmonious stay for all of our guests!
- Fido must be on a leash in all common areas and must be taken off premises for potty breaks.
- Please crate your Fido if they are destructive, you are responsible for damages and/or extra cleaning.
- Fido is permitted in your rental alone while you are out if Fido is a NON-BARKER, but please leave on TV for company.
- If Fido is noisy when left alone, please take Fido with you when going out.
- At check in, the front desk has a list of pet sitters, pet friendly restaurants, parks and beaches you will be given.
- If Fido is disruptive to other guests (barks in your unit and results in a complaint to our office), you will be asked to board him/her during your stay or you will be asked to leave, with no refund.
Nightly/Weekly Pet Fee:
Add $20 per pet per night plus tax. Pets are accepted in most of our accommodations. Some units have weight restrictions so please advise of your pet(s) weight when making a reservation.
Monthly Rental Pet Fee:
A $200 pet fee is required per pet. Pets are accepted in most of our accommodations.
Please note that if a pet is found to be in a home but not listed on the reservation the applicable Pet Fee will be immediately applied for each pet for the entire length of stay.
Nightly Cancellation Policy:
For stays of 4 nights or less, full refund less any travel insurance purchased & 10% of the reservation or a $65 cancellation fee whichever is greater, upon written
notice more than 60 days prior to arrival. For stays of 5 nights or longer, full refund less
any travel insurance purchased & 10% of the reservation or a $265 minimum cancellation fee whichever is greater, upon written notice more than 60
days prior to arrival. If cancellation is made within 60 days of arrival date, the entire amount paid is forfeited.
Weekly, Monthly and Holiday Cancellation Policy:
Full refund, less any travel insurance purchased & 10% of the reservation or a $265 minimum cancellation fee whichever is greater, upon written notice more than 60
days prior to arrival. If cancellation is made within 60 days of the arrival date, the entire amount paid is forfeited.